Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Virus

I’m heading back to a Vancouver early due to virus related flight cancellations. My daughter is scheduled to leave on Saturday the 21st and I was to stay until April 1st.  However WestJet has pulled the plug on international and trans-border flights starting Monday the 23rd so I need to get out of Dodge!

I’m so lucky that K saw the announcement as soon as it came out.  She was able to get me a seat on her flight out Saturday so we’ll be travelling home together.  I heaved a sigh of relief when the Prime Minister said the border would be open for returning citizens.  I have to admit that I didn’t see the WestJet thing coming though!  Disappointing to be leaving early, but understandable. In any case, the weather has been unseasonably cold and things are grinding to a halt down here in Palm Springs.  Our golf course closed today for a minimum of 2 weeks,  restaurants are mostly doing takeout only and most of the snowbirds are scrambling to get flights home.  It could be worse....we’re both healthy and we were  able to change my arrangements so it’s all good!

Assuming this pandemic is over by the fall, we’ll be back again in September.

Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment