Thursday, March 12, 2020

Rainy weather

We’re rusticating in the wilds of beautiful Palm Springs and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. We’ve played golf a couple of times, and while my score has been bad,  I’ve had a great time.  Weather here has not been all that great since we got here.  I spent several days lounging in the pool and then the cool weather and rain moved in so I haven’t been able to get into the pool for a couple of days.  As well, the bad weather Tuesday night, into Wednesday morning, caused a massive power surge which shut the pool down.  Then today there has been lots of thunder, lightning and rain so, understandably, no repairs today.   I’m hoping that this storm will dissipate the bad weather they say is coming and bring us back the sun and heat.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

I’m not bored, just chomping at the bit to get some more pool time.  I brought lots of art supplies with me, as well as my recycled collage/junk journal and my mixed media journal.  I had to run out to Joanne’s yesterday because I ran out of glue stick and forgot scissors and liquid glue......well, actually I don’t think I forgot them.  I know I had stamps and glue and scissors etc packed but I think I took that bag out of my suitcase so I could get something and didn’t put it back in my case. DUH! However since we’re not in Siberia a simple trip to Joanne’s solved the problem.   Joanne’s didn’t have a great selection of stamps but their papers were on sale so I scored a nice selection for my collage.

Well enough rambling for today.   Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment