Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Snow, snow, snow

Here on the coast in the lower mainland of British Columbia we get very little snow.  Higher elevations, meaning the ski resorts, benefit but here at lower elevations, any snow we get does not stay very long.  I thought we would move smoothly into spring as our winter, while having some cold days, has been absent snow.  Not anymore.

A cold front moved in about 5 days ago and dumped a couple of centimetes on us.  The snow was very wet, more like a slush, so it only stayed one day and then was gone.  The next night, however, we got more snow and it has been snowing off and on, mostly at night, for a couple of days.  The dump was at least 8 inches and it's very cold here, in the neighbourhood of -8 C, so the snow has stayed.  Reminds me of when  I lived in Ottawa and we got lots of snow.   Since I'm retired, it's not a big deal, however I know that commuters are having a tough time....so many accidents!

I finished my Christmas mail art cards and managed to get them out before the due date, very unusual for me, so I'm pleased to have that off my plate.  My next projects are to complete some swap cards and send them out before I go south in March, catch up on a couple of on-line courses, work in my journal and clean up my studio which is such a mess!

Must run.....Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment