Friday, December 6, 2019

Looking back.....

I find that at this time of year I start to reflect on the past year.  I'm always surprised by what I've accomplished (or not) in the past year!

I had set a tag challenge for myself which I enjoyed immensely. The challenge was to make a tag each and every day of 2019. Had I completed it, it would have resulted in me making 365 tags.  It seemed feasible at the time.  I went great guns for 3 months and then got so far behind that it was impossible to catch up.

This year, sometime around September I think, I signed up for some on-line classes.  They're still a  work in progress.   I was focused on my tag art, just not very productive with my other art.  Summer came and well, some of you will know what it's like.  I had all the best intentions but then my motivation and my mojo take a stroll and don't come back.  I haven't worked in my journals for at least 4 months and that makes me sad. 

So... I'm trying a different self-challenge in 2020.  I'm calling it my "page a week" challenge.  I'm challenging myself to create one journal page each and every week of 2020.  By the end of the year I should have 52 pages completed....nothing to sneeze at!!  I'm also challenging myself to complete the courses that I'm committed to do.  This should dovetail well with my page a week challenge as one of the courses is called 30 Pages.  

I tend to over-commit and then lose interest.   I get overwhelmed and frustrated with myself.  Hopefully these projects are challenging enough to hold my interest but not so challenging that I can't keep up.   I may also make a few tags but they're not part of the 2020 challenge.

And so it goes.....

Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment